What I’m Doing Now
These are the things I am working on now, in no particular order.
- Creating Piezo Soundscapes and Noise Improvs with home-made instruments. Check out the recent Craft Night with Greenwood Friends School.
- Playing bass in some projects…
- Ed Zuber Project – original rock, punk songs with guitarist/songwriter Ed Zuber and drummer Urie Kline.
- Negodniki jazz ensemble – rehearsing for April performance at Greenwood Friends School benefit in Lewisburg.
- Mike Hickey’s ad hoc blues band with Urie Kline (drums). Most recently performed at Greenwood Friends School’s Fall Festival. Gearing up for the GFS fundraising auction in April 2017.
- Celebrating the release of Michael Hickey’s album “55 and Sunny” an eclectic, up-beat collection of 16 songs–fifteen new compositions and a new arrangement of a traditional English folk tune. The tunes range from swinging blues to raucous Balkan dance music, from Afro-pop, Celtic, and Cuban-influenced instrumentals to New Orleans-influenced R&B.
- Rehearsing with Fricknadorable for our Spring performance season. Audra has written another new song, so we’re also one step closer to having enough for an EP or full-length album.
- NOT MULTITASKING! – read about the research!!
- IT Project Manager for:
- a PCORI-funded Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) study to assist patients and their care managers.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome project to examine how patients are assigned and adhere to their discharge medications.
- Getting up to speed on some genomics projects.
- Learning more about how the worlds of IT and Research intersect.
- Working on a proposal to bring more design thinking and usability testing to our projects.
- NOT multi-tasking – read the business case!!
- Throwing out or recycling old stuff that I don’t need. Lots of cleaning, making use of the many winter hours indoors to help pass the time.
- Making some long overdue updates to jeremydeprisco.com – Fixed Lyrics pages, reworking slider, reworking services.
- Current: Reading: Design of Everyday Things – Don Norman and the Nicholson translation of Rumi’s Masnavi (complete with many bad OCR errors).
- Just finished: Fahrenheit 451
- Relaunching MINDSPEAK.COM
- Electronics experiments & gadgets:
- Black Fly piezo/spring contraption copy/mod (picts/sound coming soon)
- JFET preamp for piezo projects.
- See more at my project pages.
- Examining my career trajectory closely through a Napoleon Hill lens.
- Listening: Art of War via Librivox
- Sometimes watching Netflix, mostly in the winter:
- NOT MULTITASKING!! More research!!