- Regrouping after my NEEMFest 2018 performance.
- Re-wrote my short electro bio:
- Jeremy dePrisco (Shivasongster) is a Pennsylvania musician, composer, performer, and sound artist using improvisation, collaboration, and noise to examine and re-contextualize the alienation inherent in media influence, socially constructed reality, conspiracy, and myth.He works with field recordings, guitar, electronics, synthesizers, radios, found sounds, home-made gadgets, and processed video.
- Rehearsing my set for Electrozone in Ithaca, NY 10/13.
- Preparing for Fricknadorable’s final Fall season private Halloween party
- Rehearsing for NEM in Maryland 11/3.
- Mailchimp marketing, support for Gelnett & Associates, LLC.
- Applying newly acquired video skills for creative use with other performers. Percussionist Urie Kline (Muncy) will hold a recital in mid-Nov where we will collaborate on a piece with live visuals.
- Completed a series of blockchain courses on Lynda.com
- Booking clients for the Fall season (mostly band demos)
- Writing a collection of new original synth-pop songs.
- Promoting some of Audra’s songs via contests and online outlets.
- Peter Mastroianni Collab
- Material recorded in late 2016 and early 2017 has been reviewed and we have a playlist up on SoundCloud. We are reviewing additional material from those sessions in the hope that we have enough for a few more pieces. I am happy with the variety of the material, and so glad we decided to make this happen in our spare time. I’ve created some additional soundscapes as prompts for Peter to speak over (the reverse of the initial process).
- Kurt Smith Collab
- Bassist Kurt Smith (from local band Shades of Charon) and I have started cowriting some material informed by our interests in philosophy. The collab has been slow-going, and our schedules don’t always match up, but I am curious to see where this goes.
- Playing bass in some projects…
- Ed Zuber Project – original rock, punk songs with guitarist/songwriter Ed Zuber and drummer Urie Kline. After a couple years of fleshing out the songs live, I think we’re ready to do some real recording.
- Bluesmobile – blues supergroup featuring Mike Hickey (guitar/voc), John Sweeney (harmonica/guitar/voc), Kurt Smith (bass), Urie Kline (drums). We’ve only had one gig, but I think we’ll play again sometime… great energy.
- Negodniki jazz ensemble for the occasional show.
- Expanding our STEM offerings.
- NOT MULTITASKING! – read about the research!!
- IT Project Manager for:
- Prepare Now – PCORI – multi-year grant-funded study (Kidney Transitions) for patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Kidney Health Research Institute – Assisting the nephrology department with patient reported data (PRD) projects.
- EMS/Life Flight mobile app project
- Support for Rheumatology project involving patient entered data an decision support.
- Encouraging better UX development and Design Thinking amid many organizational barriers and culture issues.
- NOT multi-tasking – read the business case!!
- Continuing to examine my career trajectory closely through a Napoleon Hill lens. I now know only two people who get that reference.
- Current Reading:
- Collection of poems by A.M. Sullivan that I picked up while traveling back from Maine over the summer. One of my selections of free books from Traveler’s Restaurant – always a good stop.
- BACKBURNER: Electronics/Coding:
- Lynda.com C++ course (slowly).
- During the summer this stuff slows down, but I still work on many electronics projects. Mostly repairing stuff!
- Particularly interested in combining audio and sensors, but my interests cover a lot of ground besides. Especially enjoying NodeMCU and Teensy.
Listening right now:
Marc Ribot: Songs of Resistance 1942 – 2018.
- NOT MULTITASKING!! More research!!